mBank mobile app deadname remover
On the main screen of the mighty mBank mobile app, there's a huge text welcoming the user to the app. It isn't problematic for most, but what if your name has changed, but it's legally still the old one? Well, this shell script to the rescue!
- Download mBank's app from apps.evozi.com or other apk downloader. You can also use Aurora store for this; Do not steal the app from
/data/app/pl.mbank*/, as this has produced corrupted and uninstallable files.
- Run the script with the APK as a parameter, and your real name as the second one - i.e.
./mbankDeadnameRemover.sh base.apk Laura
- Transfer the patched APK back to your device
- Uninstall the old application from your device - this is needed, as Android won't let you install a self-signed application over another application
- Install the APK, pair the app with mBank
Before (left) and after (right)
Licensed under GPL 3.0; (C) selfisekai and sdomi, 2020-2021